Nutrition Lessons in Health Class

One thing I have always been passionate about is eating a healthy AND delicious diet! I grew up in a household where eating healthy was something we did for every meal. Whenever I got old enough to start cooking independently, I took what I learned from my parents and I have been cooking healthy for myself ever since. As a future HPE teacher, I want to provide this same experience and knowledge to all of my students. The best way to teach nutrition would be through hands-on experiences. I want students to know how to write a grocery list, create a healthy balanced meal, and how to read a nutrition label. The goal of teaching nutrition is to provide students with lifelong skills that empower them to make healthy choices to live a life full of wellness. 


Comments

  1. I love this post! When I first moved out of college I was not the best cook. I used to rely on my parents so much because I was fortunate enough to have meals on the table for me with my mom being a stay at home mother she always provided for us during meals. I think it is awesome that you want to help your students create a healthy well balanced diet! I wish that when I went to college and had information that you are giving to your students to help myself. With being a college athlete at the time I was so worried about what I was putting into my body but didn't have the information about my health like I do now. I always struggled with ordering food or getting something quick to help fill my stomach but that didn't help me create a healthy lifestyle for myself. I love the work that you are doing and I want you to know it matters so much to everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge supporter of eating healthy. I also came from a family where you had to have at least one healthy food item with your meal and I have continued that now that I am cooking on my own but I take it up a notch. Sure you can have "cheat" days, but I know the rest of my meals and nutritious and fillings. Our kindergarten PE program at my just included one day out of the month to have Adagio Health come in and teach our students about healthy eating habits. They bring in new foods for them to try too! It's a great program for young eaters and doesn't have a lot of food exposure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

How PE Class Can Shape Lifelong Skills

Adapted Physical Activity