How PE Class Can Shape Lifelong Skills

Physical education does not solely revolve around playing games and throwing balls all day. Instead physical education should be focusing on teaching lifelong skills to lead students to live a healthy lifestyle. Each lesson you create as a HPE teacher should include skills that can lead your students to establishing lifelong wellness habits in their lifetime. Including building teamwork, self-confidence, self-advocacy, learning about making healthy decisions, setting personal goals, daily mindfulness, and so many more. Physical education should be a learning environment where students are educated not just on their physical health, but also their social and emotional health. Once I learned what the School Wellness Model was at SRU, I was excited to realize that this is exactly what they believe in too! I am excited to take this model with me wherever I end up as a future health and physical educator!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Adapted Physical Activity