Introduction Post

Hi everyone! 

I created this blog to share my passion and interests in teaching health and physical education in my future! I never considered this career choice up until my senior year of college! I went to Slippery Rock University to get my undergraduate degree in Health and Physical Education with a concentration in Physical Activity & Fitness Management. You may be wondering what kinds of careers I was considering in this field.

Originally, I wanted to become a health coach, life coach, fitness instructor, or a personal trainer. However, once I completed my summer internship in corporate wellness, I realized quickly that this was not a full time career for me. After this, I began my final fall semester of my senior year and kind of fell into the idea that I wanted to teach health and physical education instead. After having this thought for the rest of the semester, I realized this was exactly what I needed to pursue! This is when I looked into applying for the Masters program at Slippery Rock University to get both my Masters and my teaching certification in Health and Physical Education! 

I am so excited to continue my journey in becoming a health and physical education teacher! Stay tuned for more updates and insights in my journey!

Until next time! 😁

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle! It is amazing how we stumble on the career paths that we are on. It is great that you listened to your gut and followed the path that was meant for you. I do not have much PE background, but I do try to incorporate physical movement brain breaks for my online learners. If you have any suggestions to quick and active brain breaks, I am all ears! I love to get my learners up to get their blood flowing. I have found this helps with their creative thinking in science class! I look forward to reading your upcoming blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle!
    I have a close family friend who is also a life and fitness professional and I have so much respect for your work! I graduated from Slippery Rock as well, with a bachelor's in Early Childhood/Special Education and I also took a PE class there as well. I love how you started with pursuing something that you were interested in and then weren't afraid to change it into something that is more suitable for you. I feel that is a hard thing to do and I am so happy you are working towards pushing yourself in another direction. I also do not have a background in physical education but with being a special education teacher now I have learned so much with sensory breaks, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and much more. So excited to continue to look at your blog and hearing all the amazing experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it crazy how your career path changes through experiences and reflections? I love that you shared your story about how you fell into your chosen career path. It is so common to have a change like that and it needs to be spoken about more often. Your students are going to be so lucky to have a teacher like you, as you can just sense your excitement and motivation to teach health and physical education. Best of luck with all that you aim to accomplish. I look forward to reading more about your passion and interest of health and physical education.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you wanted to become a Phys Ed Teacher! The best job if I can say so myself! I have so much respect for our profession, so much to learn! Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How PE Class Can Shape Lifelong Skills

Adapted Physical Activity